Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Josh's Temper

Well last night his stomach ache was gone...but his bad mood continued. Mostly he's just grumpy, which isn't fun to be around, but isn't a big deal. But at least 2-3 times a day it goes way overboard. He's gotten "Yellow" at school every day this week which means he missed recess because of misbehaving. The teacher writes in his planner what the problem was and it's been talking back, talking when he shouldn't, etc. I continue to laugh at the fact that we all thought Josh was so quiet when we first met him. Once he gets comfortable he's got quite a mouth on him.

Last night at the end of my Bible Study, he stomped out to the car and started screaming and kicking my seat. What he was screaming was impossible to understand. When I turned around and asked him what was wrong, he screamed at the top of his lungs "None of your beeswax!!" I promptly got out of the car, asked Joey to get out and opened Josh's door. Josh said, "I'm not going anywhere!!" I picked him up and led him inside to a Timeout. He screamed and hollered and kicked walls. When his 7 minutes were over, I went over and said "Your Timeout is over. Please stand up." and he said "NO!!" Normally, this would have caused him to get another Timeout because he obviously wasn't ready to behave yet. But I wanted to get them both home, so I ignored that. Never ignore the signs.

When we got back in the car, Josh continued to kick my seat and scream. I told him I couldn't drive until he was quiet and stopped kicking because it isn't safe. We sat there while he worked this all out for about 20 minutes. Then we finally went home.

He woke up this morning still misbehaving, mouthing off, talking back and saying such hateful things...and refusing to apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment