Friday, February 26, 2010

Hot vs. Cold Faucets

On Tuesday, after throwing snowballs in the snow, Josh came inside running with tiny little strides saying "My hands are freezing. I need something warm. I need something warm." He was running in circles and almost crying. I handed him a towel to wrap his hands in and he decided he needed to run them under warm water. This was a good idea so I told him to do that in the half bath downstairs. He said, "No. There's no hot water in there." Huh? There's hot water in there. I asked and he just repeated himself. Josh kept running around the downstairs and didn't hear what Joey said next. "On our first day here, I switched the H and C on the faucets in there. He never said anything so I figured he's just figured it out. Oops." I looked at him and shook my head. He said, "Are you mad?" to which I replied "No, that's funny. But now I need to go fix it." So Josh has been washing his hands in cold water for 6 months without ever mentioning it.

I went into the bathroom and showed Josh that he could get warm water by using the C handle. As he warmed up his hands the new newly found warm water, he said "So H is for cold and C is for hot. Mom, that doesn't make any sense." Oh how true. Joey has since switched them back which, ironically, means Josh is having trouble finding the warm water again.

No comments:

Post a Comment