Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just A Day

Today was just a regular day. Funny how quickly these days have become regular and yet are so different than my regular days just 3 months ago. This morning Joey didn't know what to wear and refused to get dressed. This went on long enough that we were almost late to school. After trying to help him pick out clothes and figuring out that no choice was going to meet his approval, I said to him "That's 1. Get dressed." and walked out of his room. He started whining that he wanted to wear his football uniform to school and didn't make any more towards getting dressed. I said "That's 2. Get dressed." He started crying his loud tearless sobs. I left and went into my room to get dressed. That should have been 3 with a consequence, but I hesitated because I knew 3 would make it worse. Pretty soon he stopped crying and got dressed and we went to school with him giving me lip the whole way. I so should have given him a 3...but I didn't. I hope that decision doesn't cause me to receive consequences. The most important thing for me to do right now is be extremely consistent...and that's a tough thing to accomplish when I'm learning how to parent along side them learning to be my sons.

Tonight, Josh got to meet his T-Ball coach and team and get his jersey. He's so excited to play T-Ball. I'm looking forward to helping him learn to play. His first game is next Tuesday night at 6:30. His team is the Marlins. This is going to be so much fun!!

1 comment: