Monday, September 14, 2009

The Beginning

Hello. People have been telling me I should be blogging or journaling for quite a while now and I'm not entirely sure why I haven't been. Maybe I was intimidated by the idea. Maybe I'm afraid of who will read my blog. Maybe I'm just too busy to sit down each night and put in an entry. I've got so much to say that I can't possibly say it all. And I realize not documenting anything is hardly the wise response to being afraid I can't document everything. Whatever the reason, I've decided that every story has to begin sometime.

I hope I go back and tell some of the beginning parts of this story. Perhaps I'll get some of my early emails explaining my journey and paste them in here. Perhaps I'll just throw in a story from the past year every now and then. One way or the other you'll get the idea soon enough.

People think I should be blogging because I'm in the process of adopting kids. The past year has been an absolute roller coaster and then the real tidal wave came along when the kids were placed with me. Whew! What a ride!

My game plan for now is to write what each day is like with some background stories here and there. I hope I don't embarrass my kids or anyone in my family by sharing my stories. Much of the reason that I've decided to start doing this for all of them to get some of the stories that I forget to tell. And I love my life right now and I can't wait to start telling you about it. Well, yes I can wait...cause I'm going to wait...until tomorrow. Good night!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog! I can't wait to see what happens with it.

    Don't worry about embarrassing me or anyone in the family. When we do embarrassing things, we expect to hear about them later. Isn't that what the gift of family is all about? Perpetual memory.

    Good luck and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete