Friday, November 20, 2009

Got Milk?

Today Josh was awarded a Pioneer Pride award at school! The award was for having a positive attitude and determination toward learning to read. I'm so proud of him!! To celebrate we went to dinner at Chucky Cheese's. They had been asking to go to Chucky Cheese's and I hadn't yet complied. They were both so very excited to go!

The boys both ordered individual pizzas and milk. Joey has trouble drinking milk out of a carton, so I asked for cups. The staff gave me cups with lids and straws. Perfect. Meghan had met us there for dinner and she filled Josh's milk cup and I filled Joey's. The pizza came and the boys returned from the games to eat. Joey was sitting next to me. He tried the pizza and the milk. He said, "The milk at Chucky Cheese sucks." I didn't really pay much attention. A few minutes later he said "I've found the only thing that's bad at Chucky Cheese...the milk." I looked at the cup and said, "May I have a drink." Yes. So, I took a sip. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Seriously sour milk! Joey giggled at my nasty face and said, "Don't barf Mom." I wasn't sure I wasn't going to. By then I was laughing too. Wow, that’s bad. He laughed more and said he'd almost stopped me, but figured, oh well. And then he said, "You should have believed me." Yes, that's very true. I asked how much of it he had drank. One large sip. I said I was sorry he’d had even that much and that I was also sorry that I had. Meghan took it to the counter and traded it for a good one, but I think both of our appetites for milk had been soured at that point.

I imagine that will be one of those bonding stories that Joey tells for years to come and we both get to laugh about it. What a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment