Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eating Veggies

Once I received the same advice on how to get Josh and Joey to eat vegetables five times, it was time to try it out….and I’m telling you, this is GENIOUS! Get the individual cups of peanut butter, some ranch dressing, cottage cheese, whatever you can think of to dip veggies into. Then clean and chop up or slice a variety of fruits and veggies: carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, grapes, apples. Serve up a Dipping Dinner! Get into the fun of trying new combinations.

When I tried it with Josh and Joey, Joey’s first reaction was “There’s something wrong with this dinner! It’s missing the good part.” I just ignored him and kept preparing dinner. Once we started eating, he LOVED it! They both had tons of fun dipping and crunching. We had invited my sister, their Aunt Chris, over to eat with us. Josh enjoyed counting to 3 and having us all crunch our veggies on 3. When we left the table, we were all stuffed and happy. What a difference from the usual vegetable battle! Thank you to all that had given me the suggestion. Genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment